Are you wondering about what a school council is? Or how you can be involved? When does the Muir Lake School council meet?
A school council is made up of partnership between parents from the school community, the school administration, as well as teachers from the school. On occasion it can also include students from the school.
To become involved in school council, all you need to do is come to the council meetings. Virtual meetings are held on the third teaching Tuesday of every month beginning at 7pm, and typically run for an hour to an hour and a half. The meetings are advertised in our newsletters and on our school website calendar. We endeavour to give notice to any changed dates.
The School Council is an active member of the Alberta School Council Association. Through this membership, our school council ensures that the voice of our school community is heard on a provincial level.
General guidelines, volunteer information, and school expectations are contained in our Volunteer Handbook.
2021-2022 School Council Meeting Minutes & Agendas
- School Council Meeting Minutes - March 15, 2022
- School Council Meeting Minutes - February 15, 2022
- School Council Meeting Minutes - January 25, 2022
- School Council Meeting Minutes - November 23, 2021
- School Council Meeting Minutes - October 19, 2021
- School Council Meeting Minutes - September 21, 2021